August 14, 2008

24Prince

24 Prince St

Considering its central Nolita location and reality show chef (Nikki of Top Chef fame), I had anticipated a long wait for a table at 24Prince. Strangely, there were plenty of tables available, both indoors and in the back garden. We got comfortable in a corner booth in the simple and tastefully decorated space and ordered two glasses of Moschofilero rosé, a wine from Greece, which happens to be one of my favorites.

I was excited when I saw that 24Prince offered five different salads on the menu. I chose the "Downtown Chopped". You can imagine my disappointment when the salad came out, well, not chopped. Add to that the fact that the vegetables (especially the yellow beets) were flavorless and the overall presentation a bit boring and you have a picture that is pretty bleak. Still, I ate my entire salad because it was light and healthy and the dressing, a simple oil and vinegar with some herbs, was pretty good.





- The Grazer

No comments: